Friday, September 28, 2007

6 months!

Recently I had a nice little surprise. I found an old CD that contained pictures of my first few months in site. Looking at the pictures, I realized just how much I have experienced in the 6 months that I have lived in my village.





I've had interesting meals





and met interesting people.

















I've even met interesting people having interesting meals.




















I’ve discovered new flavors of ice cream




and seen new ways of fishing





















I’ve introduced kids to a sport I've always held dear


















and they’ve introduced me to their favorite holiday




Learning about the culture has been fascinating!



From dancing






to parades




to dancing in parades




from honoring monks




















to honoring structures

















It's been fun




































Maybe a little too fun....





Living in a village has its share of interesting and "crappy" moments—that’s just outside my door and that’s the culprit




But its mostly a very rewarding experience
It helps that I believe in my work

And that I enjoy the people I work with (most of the time)


And that I enjoy the people I work for (all the time)


Basically, life in the village has been pretty sweet....


...and pretty chill

No comments: